House Clearance in Hale
Few little facts about Hale
Hale is a village in Surrey, England. Located on the side of sandy hills, parts of the village are frequently referred to as either Upper Hale or Lower Hale. Residents have views south towards Hindhead.
There is evidence that the area has been occupied since the Mesolithic period. Some of the oldest surviving buildings in Hale date from the late 17th century, in the area once known as Hungry Hill.
The oldest place of worship in the village is a chapel built in 1834. St John's Church was founded in 1844.
Hale grew rapidly after 1854 when the British Army became established in Aldershot. Many people came to the area seeking employment in building the nearby town and barracks. As the cottages spread, those nearer to Aldershot formed a separate village, which became known as Heath End. In recognition of the services they had rendered, the army gave the villagers of Hale 2 acres (8,100 m2) of land for a new cemetery. St Mark's Church was built near to the cemetery in 1883.