House Clearance in Dippenhall
Few little facts about Dippenhall
In the 14th century Dippenhall (Dupenhale, Dupehale, Dippenhaie, Depenhale, 14th century; Dipnel, seen once in the 18th century in a land tax/ecclesiastical record) appears as a sub-manor dependent on the manor of Crondall - it however followed the same descent as the manor of Badley having parted with Winchester Cathedral until the death of John de Westcote in 1336, when it was assigned to his sister Margery, the wife of John de Fulquardeby. In 1369 Thomas atte More granted back to William Wykeham, Bishop of Winchester, the 'manor of Dippenhall, which he had by grant from Margery de Fulquardeby. At the Dissolution, Dippenhall, with the other possessions of the Prior and convent of St. Swithun, was granted to the Dean and chapter of Winchester; and from this time it is usually described in leases and other records as the farm of Dippenhall until page wrote in 1912.
The Nobel Prize laureate in Nobel Prize for Physiology or Medicine, 2012 Sir John Gurdon was born in Dippenhall in 1933.
In 1982 the contents of Dippenhall Grange were sold at Sothebys and a comprehensive guide to these was published.