House Clearance Lingfield
Few little facts about Lingfield
Lingfield is a village in Surrey. The village lay within the Anglo-Saxon administrative division of Tandridge hundred. Lingfield was not listed in the Domesday Book of 1086, but is shown on the map as Leangafeld, its spelling in 871AD.
The Church of St. Peter and St. Paul was rebuilt in 1431, although the original 14th century tower remains. Its collection of brasses and monuments are amongst the finest in England. The village has a variety of different public houses, the most notable being the Old Cage, built in 1592.
Lingfield is also home to the National Centre for Young People with Epilepsy, (formerly St. Piers, before that Lingfield Hospital School and before that Lingfield Epileptic Colony), which provides residential care and education for students with epilepsy and learning difficulties.
The Prime Meridian passes to the east of Lingfield.