House Clearance in Forest Green
Few little facts about Forest-Green
A mesolithic burial site on the south east of Sutton Abinger is testament to the long time in which the area has been inhabited. There is also evidence of strip farming. Remains of aRomano-British villa, a Scheduled Ancient Monument, lie approximately 120 m east of Abinger Hall stables.
Abinger is recorded in the Domesday Book as the location Abinceborne held by William de Braiose, with assets of 4 hides, 1 church, 1 mill worth 6 s, 7 ploughs, 3 acres (12,000 m2) of meadow; and woodland worth 40 hogs. The total rendered was £7.
The church of the Abingers is the C of E church of St James at Abinger Common, which is a II* class listed building whose nave is 11th century, chancel and north chapel built 1220CE, bombed in World War II, restored 1950 by Frederick Etchells. The headquarters of the Lutyens Trust is based in the village at Goddards (designed by Sir Edwin Lutyens). Opposite the church is the 19th century Evelyn Hall which has recently been completely refurbished and can be hired for events. Next to the Hall is the village pub, the Abinger Hatch. To the west of the village is Oxmoor Copse which is an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Sutton Abinger has a pub called The Volunteer and 0.5 miles (0.80 km) east in Abinger Common is the Scheduled Ancient Monument Motte "Castle" at Abinger Manor, the grade II listed manor itself and opposite St James Church, see above, are three-person stocks and a public house The Abinger Hatch with a green picnic area is 17th century, Timber framed, clad in whitewashed brick with whitewashed render, shown right.
Abinger Hammer contains two grade II* listed buildings, Paddington farmhouse, which is 15th century, listed as possibly earlier, extended in the 16th century, which is also whitewashed; and Crossways farmhouse built 1610, clad in sandstone blocks with brick dressings with a panelled 17th century door.
Fulvens House which also lies between the Abingers actually over the western border and it may date back to 1628.