House Clearance in Flexford
Few little facts about Flexford
Flexford in the south was once called Flaxford, itself a corruption of "flax vard", meaning flax meadows by a stream. The ancient industry here was the creation of linen from flax.
Flexford is, bar a few outlying buildings, one almost inextricable, contiguous settlement with Christmas Pie and the station and train line to the north of this private estate passes over the Normandy road, residential all the way to Normandy village centre — unusually named Wanborough railway station instead of Flexford and Normandy — for a purely historical reason connected with Lord Wanborough, see Wanborough.
Flexford has a population of 1,163. Unlike Normandy with an Internet Café in its village hall, Flexford has a garage, carpentry and roofing contractor firm., for a basic high street Wood Street Village presents more options and Guildford is accessible by car or bus — the 694 school bus runs from Christmas Pie via Puttenham to Broadwater School and the 520 runs five buses per day both ways between Aldershot and Guildford via the place. Flexford is part of one of two wards that are within the Guildford borough but are represented by the Member of Parliament for Woking.
The hamlet adjoins Flexford on a wide boundary. Christmas Pie owes its curious name to property owned by a prominent local family named Christmas. There are many references to this family in the Court records of the Manor of Cleygate which date back to 1513 in the reign of King Henry VIII. Christmases are often noted as serving as members of the Homage which was the Jury of the Court. The "Pie" comes from the Saxon term "pightel" or "pightle" meaning a small piece of arable land. Until this was built up during the 1920s, a small field, Pie Field was near the Christmas Pie crossroads. This tiny settlement spans the extreme southern border withWanborough.