House Clearance in Ewhurst
Few little facts about Ewhurst
Ewhurst is a rural village and civil parish, connected by minor roads in the borough of Waverley in Surrey, 8.3 miles (13.4 km) from Guildford and 28 miles (45 km) from London. Cranleigh is 2 miles (3.2 km) to the west and Shere is 4.5 miles (7.2 km) to the north The parish includes the smaller hamlets of Ellen's Green and Cox Green near the border of West Sussex and stretches in far north to the edge of theSurrey Hills AONB, specifically much of the northern area is Hurt Wood, as it ascends up to the escarpment of the Greensand Ridge. The Greensand Way passes through this area.
Holmbury Hill with its Iron Age settlements in the parishes of Shere, Guildford borough and Abinger, Mole Valley borough Holmbury St Mary for early British settlers would have been a more suitable, accessible settlement than the denser woodland of this area.
A roman road NNW to SSE just west of the village centre runs from Rowhook over the Sussex border where it met with England's south Stane Street (stone street) betweenLondon and Chichester the other end point is not clear however it was traced in the reign of Victoria by James Park Harrison (1816-1901) and the Rapley Roman villa's remains are west of the village: interesting discoveries include a tile-kiln discovered and excavated in 1836 and from the villa itself in the 1960s, fragments of a glass goblet and an unusual vase decorated with a 'Mural Crown'.