House Clearance Dockenfield
Few little facts about Dockenfield
Dockenfield, was one of the unnamed tythings of Farnham owned by the Bishop of Winchesterin 1086 and the Domesday Book confirms the tythings as his at the time of the Norman Conquest. At that time the area's largely agricultural workers rendered £55, much more than £48543 per year to him (based on inflation since 1264 starting year for UK economic valuations). The Bishop of Winchester built Farnham Castle to live in, and he and his successors did so from 1138.
In 1239 the ecclesiastical parish was created and first church built, which still remains the parish in Anglicanism: Frensham, Surrey. Frensham is a scattered village centred 1 mile (1.6 km) east, that also covers Millbridge and Shortfield Common/Spreakley, which are its hamlets much closer to its centre.
In 1887 John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles devoted a short sentence to describe it as a parish in North Hants. 3.5 miles (5.6 km) SW. of Farnham railway station covering 578 acres (234 ha) with a population of 209. This area remained constant from 1881 to 1961.
In 1881, at the time of its census, 43% of men were employed in agriculture, 6% were employed in domestic or furnishing occupations; various other categories follow, ended by the smallest percentages 2% were in each of the categories of transport and communications, 2% were 'professionals'. 15% of men did not specify an occupation. At that time the greatest percentage of employment for women was unknown (27%) followed by domestic service or similar, however only 4% of women of the parish were in that category. By the 2001 census, its area had fallen to 273 acres (110 ha).