House Clearance in Chilworth
Few little facts about Chilworth
Chilworth is a village in Surrey. It appears in Domesday Book as Celeorde and was held by Bishop of Bayeux. The settlement has an interesting industrial past. At various times in history it has been the location of a wire mill, paper mill and gunpowder factory. Chilworth Gunpowder works was established in 1625 by the East India Company and finally closed in 1920. A significant number of buildings from the gunpowder factory can still be found. The buildings and area are now looked after by Guildford Borough Council and English Heritage.
The Franciscan friars continue a presence today on the outskirts of Chilworth in the friary, designed by Frederick Walters, founded in 1892.