House Clearance Buckland
Few little facts about Buckland
Buckland is a village and civil parish in the Mole Valley district of Surrey.
Buckland appears in Domesday Book as Bochelant. It was owned by John of Tonbridge. Buckland had a church, water-mill and thirty-five heads of household.The village church St Mary the Virgin was built in 1380.
The windmill is a tourist focal point.It is the only surviving wind saw mill in the United Kingdom.Buckland Windmill was built by William Cooper, the Henfield millwright, sometime in the 1860s or 1870s. The windmill was discovered in 1995, with a mature yew tree standing very close to it. When the owners contacted the Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings for advice, they were surprised to find that it existed, because the mill had been missed by Ken Farries and Martin Mason, and omitted from their comprehensive work on windmills in the county.