Waste Disposal Ashford
Few little facts about Ashford
Bronze Age artifacts have been found in Ashford (at 51.432708N, 0.485174W) giving rise to the name Bronzefield and a henge may have been present in that period. The settlement as indicated by its name but small assets just after the Norman Conquest was part agricultural settlement in Saxon times.
Ashford appears on the Middlesex Domesday map as Exeforde held by Robert, Count of Mortain. Its Domesday Assets were: 1 plough, meadow for 1 plough; a separate manor in 1066, it was part of the manor of Kempton in 1086. It rendered (in total): 14s 0d. Throughout the early medieval period the place was also referred to as Echelford.
A stone bridge was built over the ford in 1789 by the Hampton and Staines Turnpike Trust, part of which is used as the rather scenic Fordbridge roundabout with its large weeping willow trees at the centre.
Ashford Common the large area of common land in the south and east of the town was sold (enclosed) in 1809, before which this was a favourite ground with George III for the forces to put on military displays.
While Ashford Manor Golf Club was established in 1902 at the property which was the Manor Farm House the actual large manorial estate and manor house that was held by Solomon Abraham Hart from 1870 to 1882 had, before 1902 been broken up among many small owners and all trace of the manor house became lost. However the title of lord of the manor was acquired by Scott Freeman in 1890 and after passing to another partner of the solicitors Horne, Engall Freeman came in more recent times to Russell Grant.
Ashford's housing stock is modern, with chiefly a mixture of detached and semi-detached housing built between 1885 and 1960.
Contact us for for rubbish and house clearance in surrey