House clearance Tulse Hill SE27 and SW2
Few little facts about Tulse-Hill
Tulse Hill is a district and hill in the London Borough of Lambeth in South London. The name of the area comes from the Tulse family. The Tulse family came into ownership of farmland in the area during the period of the Commonwealth in the 1650s.
The most prominent survival of 19th century Tulse Hill is Berry House, later called Silwood Hall, and now forming the front part of St Martin-In-The-Fields High School for Girls, a Church of England secondary school which has outlasted the nearby 1950s schools.
Some of the notable residents of Tulse Hill are:
Sir William Henry Harris, chorister at Holy Trinity Church towards the end of the 19th Century
The astronomers Sir William Huggins and his wife Margaret Lindsay, Lady Huggins, had a home and observatory known as Huggins' Observatory from about 1850 until 1915 at 90 Upper Tulse Hill. It no longer stands but was at the approximate location of today's Vibart Gardens.