House clearance in South Norwood SE25
Few little facts about South-Norwood
South Norwood is situated in the London Borough of Croydon. Arthur Conan Doyle lived on Tennison Road in South Norwood, from 1891 to 1894, but, contrary to popular belief, did not use the area as the setting for the Sherlock Holmes story The Adventure of the Norwood Builder. This story, for the most part, takes place in Lower Norwood (today known as West Norwood). The only connection between this story and South Norwood is that South Norwood's railway station Norwood Junction is used by the villain.
The south-eastern side of the town is dominated by the 125 acre country park which opened in 1989. At the other northern end of the town is South Norwood Lake, which was created after the reservoir for the unsuccessful Croydon Canal went out of use. It is used by the Croydon Sailing Club and local anglers who fish for carp, bream and perch.
South Norwood has also been the home of Spurgeon's College, a world-famous Baptist theological college.
Park Road and Whitehourse Lane hold Selhurst Park where Crystal Palace F.C. plays. The ground was also home to Charlton Athletic F.C. as part of a ground sharing agreement between 1985 and 1991. It was also used by Wimbledon F.C. when they left Plough Lane and until 2003 when they moved to the National Hockey Stadium in Milton Keynes.