House clearance Rainham RM13
Few little facts about Rainham
Rainham is situated in the London Borough of Havering. The first recorded use is in 1086 as Renaham and it is thought to mean 'homestead or village of a man called Regna'. It is also possible that it follows the other Rainham in Kent on the south side of the Thames (Roegingaham); meaning 'settlement of the ruling people'.
The village has grown steadily over the last few hundreds of years to the town that it is today. Rainham has maintained most of its historical features, such as the Norman church and Victorian buildings in the centre of the village.
Rainham gives its name to the Rainham Marshes which border the town to the south and extend to Purfleet in the east.
A large clocktower War Memorial (pictured right) is the focal point of Rainham, situated on Broadway.